Zero Gravity’s mission is to propel high-talent, low-income students into top universities and careers; first in the UK, and then worldwide.
We leverage the power of technology to drive equality of opportunity at scale. Through our award-winning digital platform (we have won 3 European brand awards and a social impact award from the Prime Minister), Zero Gravity unlocks education and career opportunities for talented students from low-income backgrounds by propelling them into the UK's best universities and employers.
Reporting to the Chief Brand Officer, we are seeking a results-driven Content Marketing Manager to lead the long-term planning and ongoing programs for our company's content marketing strategy. You will be collaborating with our brand team and key stakeholders and you will be guiding your content marketing strategy throughout the business, and overseeing the deployment and optimisation of our content.
This role will manage the Zero Gravity Content Engine, overseeing message development, editorial, content production and other internal content marketers, whilst operating as “head content creator” in charge of building the narrative that positions Zero Gravity as a strategic leader within our industry. You will work closely with our CBO to develop and drive the company point of view and key narratives, as well as leading the development of thought leadership content and campaign assets to support outbound and inbound goals.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller, collaborator, problem solver, and idea generator with a deep understanding of content marketing.
What will you do at Zero Gravity?
- Take overall ownership of our content marketing strategy, working with the Brand team and other stakeholders to devise and implement a strategic approach to content marketing
- Being responsible for content strategy, calendar and development, as well as management of all relevant content and assets
- Define objectives and KPIs for content, and deliver reporting to measure success
- Be a source of creativity and inspiration for the brand marketing team as a whole
- Leading the creation of messaging and compelling stories based on target personas, key trends, competitive landscape, and points of differentiation.
- Own, drive and create content, from conceptualisation through to creation, editing and amplification across all owned and earned channels
- Champion the principles of user-centric content
- Leverage data insights to develop new content themes and topic ideas, to gauge content impact and effectiveness, and to inform future strategy
- Analyzing content performance and determining how to make changes to content to best optimize performance.
- Develop standards and best practices for content creation and distribution (human and tech perspective) ensuring consistency with our brand voice, style and tone
- Constantly review consumer/user & competitor insight, to ensure we are always close to the audiences needs and wants.
- Support other teams in developing new, engaging content across all mediums, especially video
- Ensure all onsite content is optimised for SEO, monitoring web traffic metrics to ensure content is driving brand awareness and traffic to the website
- Create content that ranks well, drives awareness and converts visitors into members
- Work with external stakeholders to develop social media plans and content to drive Mentee and Mentor reach and engagement
- Ensure full internal stakeholder management across the Zero Gravity Executive team
Zero Gravity Fund
Zero Gravity Fund is our partner charity that talent spots the top students from the Zero Gravity platform and provides them with scholarships to invest in their futures.
- Working with our brand and fund team, you’ll be maximising awareness of the Zero Gravity Fund (ZGF) scholarship in the education sector - maximising the impact of ZGF’s reach and work.
Work towards aspirational KPIs
When we talk about social impact, we’re not messing around - we genuinely want every underrepresented student in the UK to have the best possible opportunities and your work will be pivotal in this. You’ll be working towards KPIs linked to:
- Brand Reach across owned, earned and shared media
- Brand Engagement across owned, earned and shared media
- Social listening and sentiment based measures
Who you’ll be working with
As a core part of the Brand team, you’ll also be working with all of the Zero Gravity teams. You’ll work with our Product, Tech, Customer Success, and Ops teams and be working directly with our CBO to make sure that you’re able to have maximum impact in your role.
The skills and characteristics we’re looking for
- An experienced B2C marketer and self-starter with significant experience working in a B2C and content marketing environment.
- 4+ years of experience in content marketing, working for a purpose driven brand
- Proven experience in developing world class written and video content that drives awareness and engagement across digital channels
- Familiarity with social media management and intelligence tools
- Working knowledge of contemporary SEO practices, frameworks and algorithm updates
- Familiarity with Google suite including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads Manager
- Understanding of SEO and keyword research, content discovery, and content technology
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail; Passionate about your work.
- Experienced in project management, able to set briefs and project plans to achieve marketing objectives and ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Extensive knowledge of advancements and trends in content.
- Superb leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
What we can offer you
- Up to £40,000 per annum + bonus
- Opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the UK’s leading employers and universities.
- Be part of a mission-driven business that is transforming the lives of our users and disrupting the status quo.
- We reward top performance via our Zero Gravity bonus scheme with bonuses of up to 50% of salary.
- Share in the financial success of the business via our 'ZERO GRAVITY FOR ALL' option scheme.
- You'll work out of our swanky office in St Pauls, with flexible working options.
- We'll equip you with the latest Apple hardware so you have the best tech to do your work.
- We’ll give you a Zero Gravity branded card loaded with £500pa to spend on your personal development.
- Every fortnight we take our team out for dinner/drinks, completely on the house!
- We provide you with an allowance for dental appointments, private GPs, and prescriptions.