Zero Gravity’s mission is to propel high-talent, low-income students into top universities and careers; first in the UK, and then worldwide.
We leverage the power of technology to drive equality of opportunity at scale. Through our award-winning digital platform(we have won 3 European brand awards and a social impact award from the Prime Minister), Zero Gravity unlocks education and career opportunities for talented students from low-income backgrounds by propelling them into the UK's best universities and employers.
Social Media has been identified as one of the key levers for growth to meet Zero Gravity’s long term ambitions.
This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for identifying and delivering the approach for social media to meet business and marketing objectives. You will work as part of an integrated brand team, responsible for social media strategy across the full mix of digital touch points with our audience. Your responsibility includes development/ optimisation of our social media strategy and execution. You will be creative, innovative, and ROI-driven, and have strong project management skills with a proven track record of driving projects from inception through to successful completion.
- Support realisation of social media communications strategy for our brand. Determine how the business should approach digital marketing, identifying how each platform should be optimized to drive brand awareness, brand consideration and conversion e.g. social media, mobile, digital channels and web.
- Your primary focus will be social media, but we are looking for someone who understands the full digital marketing gambit, especially web
- Work with the brand team, ensuring measurement is in place to monitor and measure performance
- Act as the focal point for all things Digital, leading the relationships with our audience and our internal teams
- Demonstrate how digital plays a fundamental role in driving brand awareness and brand affinity
Build the Zero Gravity Social Media Community
- Be the driving force for Zero Gravity among our social media community
- Devise strategies to boost quality reach and better engagement with Zero Gravity
- Work across all teams to devise social media content that will enhance students’ university and career development
- Work with external stakeholders to develop content and opportunities for Mentee and Mentor reach and engagement
- Ensure full internal stakeholder management across the Zero Gravity Executive team
Zero Gravity Fund
Zero Gravity Fund is our partner charity that talent spots the top students from the Zero Gravity platform and provides them with scholarships to invest in their futures.
- Working with our brand team, you’ll be maximising awareness of the Zero Gravity Fund (ZGF) scholarship in the education sector - maximising the impact of ZGF’s reach and work.
Work towards aspirational KPIs
When we talk about social impact, we’re not messing around - we genuinely want every underrepresented student in the UK to have the best possible opportunities and your work will be pivotal in this. You’ll be working towards KPIs linked to:
- Brand Reach across owned, earned and shared media
- Brand Engagement across owned, earned and shared media
- Social listening and sentiment based measures
Who you’ll be working with
As a core part of the Brand team, you’ll also be working with all of the Zero Gravity teams. You’ll work with our Product, Tech, Customer Success and Ops teams and be working directly with our Chief Brand Officer to make sure that you’re able to have maximum impact in your role.
The skills and characteristics we’re looking for
- An experienced B2C marketer and self-starter working in a B2C and social media environment.
- Proven experience in developing world class social media strategy and execution that drives awareness and engagement across digital channels
- Demonstrate proven experience of goring social media account `and increasing follower numbers and engagement
- Familiarity with Social Media management and intelligence tools
- Able to manage community conversations and surface the actionable insights that drive real business impact
- Extensive knowledge of advancements and trends in social media
- Familiarity with Google suite including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads Manager
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail; Passionate about your work.
- Experienced in project management, able to set briefs and project plans to achieve brand marketing objectives and ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Superb leadership, collaboration, and communication skills. A great people person, able to network with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Have an excellent eye for copy and visuals
- Proactive and creative approach to your work
- Ability to tap into trends across student and education space
- A passion for working towards targets and KPIs
What we can offer you
- Up to £35,000 per annum + bonus
- Opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the UK’s leading employers and universities.
- Be part of a mission-driven business that is transforming the lives of our users and disrupting the status quo.
- We reward top performance via our Zero Gravity bonus scheme with bonuses of up to 50% of salary.
- Share in the financial success of the business via our 'ZERO GRAVITY FOR ALL' option scheme.
- You'll work out of our swanky office in St Pauls, with flexible working options.
- We'll equip you with the latest Apple hardware so you have the best tech to do your work.
- We’ll give you a Zero Gravity branded card loaded with £500pa to spend on your personal development.
- Every fortnight we take our team out for dinner/drinks, completely on the house!
- We provide you with an allowance for dental appointments, private GPs, and prescriptions.